Sunday, May 4, 2008

Gadgets: All things KitchenAid

I'm one of those women who has wanted a KitchenAid Stand Mixer since I knew how to first bake cookies. But I don't own one. Why, you ask? It's not like the gift of one has not been offered at Christmastime or during Birthday-ness. For me, it's a right of passage: find man, get engaged, get $500 mixer, get married. Simple as that. And it's for that reason that I keep the model and color I desire a closely guarded secret until I'm fully armed with the bridal registry gun.

For those of you who aren't in the know, a KitchenAid Stand Mixer is like a Porsche for your kitchen. It's sexy. It's made of steel, comes in more than a dozen colors, purrs and is chock full of horsepower.

Did I mention the accessories? Yeah, there's 52 of them from KitchenAid, ranging from meat grinders to ice cream makers to pasta machines. God knows how many of them are out there and made from other companies as well.

Take, for example, this (cue operatic "Hallelujah!"):



It's a mixing blade with a spatula, so you don't have to stop, scrape the bowl, and start mixing again (cue "Hallelujah!" encore). Made by SideSwipe, it's the brain child of an Ohio mechanical engineer who noticed his wife's frequent scraping pit stops while using her KitchenAid Stand Mixer.

Scrape-free efficiency for the bargain price of $24.95. Look for it online...on my registry, and eventually in my kitchen.

Fabulous Feasting,
The Diva.

4 comments:

  1. Hey Melissa, get ready for the next big thing to hit the food channel...Charles Oakley of Knickerbocker fame has taped 3 episode of Cafe Oakley , it will certainly lead to a ratings eruption when it airs.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, perhaps I too should start all of my recipes with "Drink 10 beers..."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Honey, get the KitchenAid. You'll wonder why you ever thought you needed the man.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this seems the appropriate post to comment under. THANKS for my WS gift card. I heart it. And in the spirit of this post, I will NOT be using it towards the purcahse of a KitchenAid Mixer. That's for the regsitry. Woohoo! Can't wait to get my hands on the scanning gun

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for reading! Your feedback and insight -- and suggestions on what YOU want to see on this blog -- are always welcome and encouraged! Please note that your comment is subject to moderation before posting in an effort to cut down on spam comments.

Fabulous Feasting,
The Diva.